Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Back to a Card or Two...

As I've been working on my Project Life I've also found a little time to whip out a card or two.  And my challenge has been to use WHAT I HAVE HERE! LOL! What a novel idea.  USE what I have rather than adding to the collection!

I have been receiving the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit of the Month.  I love it.  The value is great....the stamp set that is included is wonderful...and I love the little things that are included with the papers for card making.  It has been a really fun challenge for me.  So....since I have a few boxes stacked up I decided to go back and, beginning with January, use up the rest of the supplies so I can toss the box.

Here is January Card Kit if you don't recall what it looked like:

Ribbon, tickets, these great Kraft colored round stickers, canvas buttons, tons of paper and more! 
I've made a couple of cards already but made a few more the other night.

The first one I actually did a little cross stitching with my We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy and some embroidery floss that was included in the kit.  I will sew on paper but I will throw a shirt out before I will sew a button back on!

The sentiment is hard to read in the picture so here is a closeup:
"Each moment of my life that intersects with me makes me happy."  I love that sentiment.

And here is the other card...made with one of the cute Tim Holtz tickets that came with the kit

That's it for today...hoping to make a few tonight with February's fabulous kit!

I'm entering the second card in the A Blog Named Hero: Challenge #24: Clean Up Your Act HERE.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Like the x stitching.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've used the same pattern but in different colours and with the chevrons going in different directions! Thanks for linking your card up at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two cards are so darling!!! The second one made me squeal with excitement!!! LOVE those v-shaped banners!!! :D What a super cute layout!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!