Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Blast from the Past

As I was cleaning up some scraps of paper the other day I came across this embossed vellum card front which took me back to a time long gone.  This era was the "Susan Loves Embossing Era" and was pre-Cuttlebug, Big Shot, Vagabond, Caliber Eras (almost back to the Ice Age!).  This era was characterized by brass embossing templates, styluses and light boxes and all of the embossing was done by hand.  And way back when...my favorite place for the brass plates and embossing supplies was Lasting Impressions.  Oh, how I loved those templates.

Now I know that these templates can be used in our fancy schmancy embossing machines but I just haven't done that yet.  I'll have to try because, of course, I never got rid of my beloved templates.

By the way...way back when Lasting Impressions also had computer software where you could print out a design and then put it on your light box and emboss.  That's exactly what I did here on the card front I mentioned above:
 I printed out the design on vellum and then put it on my light box and did the embossing.  You can't see it here much but it is embossed.  So it was fun for me to use something I made a very long time ago....I was sort of happy to come across this!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. This BEE sees a bee she likes. Thanks for the memories. I first learned embossing when hubby bought me a light box kit. I have several embossing brass templates.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!