Saturday, May 16, 2015

May All Your Dreams....

I have finally created a card that would be appropriate for the male species! Well, I've done masculine cards before but went "meh" when I finished them. This one I actually love.  I was at my local stamp store recently...the store features fabulous sample cards throughout and I came across one that incorporated wire and just loved it.  So  bought the stamp set...Rising Stars by Paper Smooches along with the matching dies and set to work creating my own version.

Funny story about wire...for the scrapbookers out there...remember when it was so popular to put it on scrapbook pages?  Yep, I had all the tools and all the wire and it was a lot of fun.  That box of wire supplies has sat unused for many years!  Ok, now to the funny story.  Over 12 years ago (I was living in another house) I was working on a scrapbook page in my little scrapbook nook in my bedroom.  I was using said wire.  I looked down and wondered where some red ink came from as I was not using pens or anything that had red ink.  Well, lo and behold...I realized I was BLEEDING on my scrapbook page! I had apparently pricked myself with the wire and was dripping blood on my page.  Well, I had put a lot of time into that page and was NOT going to redo it.  So I wiped off what I could and then told my husband that if he ever needed a DNA sample to go to the scrapbook from 2002 that had the fall trip to Las Vegas in it!  LOL!

Anyway, on to my wire card and thankfully, I did NOT bleed on these creations!

I made this one with Stampin' Up papers and inks, a My Finest Thing border die and some LifeCrafts circle dies:
I also used a Recollections punch I had.  Love, love, love how this turned out.  Here's a closeup of the stars and wire works:
I made this for a friend's son who is graduating from high school but once I finished it I thought...now why didn't I do it in his school colors???
So I decided to make another one in his school colors of red, white and blue....I added a little yellow because it just needed something else:
I used different Fiskars border punches but the card design is the same.  I had such fun doing this!
I love this stamp set.
And the dies:

And, of course, these cards would be perfectly lovely for the feminine species too! :)  No gender specificity here!

Well, that's it for today...off to do other wild and exciting things!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. The card is beautiful and I love all of the details. He loved it at well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!