Thursday, May 14, 2015

Happy Birthday to You!

Can it be???! A second post for today?  I felt sort of guilty about just posting about Evernote and how great the program is for keeping track of your stash so I decided to actually post a recent card I made. Evernote is great...but that whole post was sort of blah...so here's to a little non-blah, I hope.

I recently bought the Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors. I had seen so many of my favorite bloggers using them that I just had to get a set of my own.  They had been on my wish list for a long time so I finally bit the bullet and picked them up off Amazon.  How wonderful and vibrant they are! I have enjoyed playing with them a bit recently.

I made this card using the fabulous (and older) Secret Garden set from Stampin' Up.  I also used a die from Lawn Fawn for the sentiment.  Before coloring in the flower I heat embossed the stamped image with white embossing powder.



I swear the watercoloring looks better with prettier shading in real life.  Trust me! It couldn't be that I don't know what I'm doing...LOL!

Happy  Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. So pretty and vibrant! I like how much color you can get with those watercolors. Mine always end up muted. I love the happy birthday die. I got the same one last month and its so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW so gorgeous it looks...the flower is Especially stunning Susan!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!