Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gifting Cards

I recently was asked to address some envelopes for a friend's daughter's wedding invitations. I enjoyed doing it so much...I dabble in calligraphy and decorative writing so it was so much fun to do it. I was really happy with the results...I handed the finished envelopes off to the bride's mother the other day and she said she loved them and thought they looked fantastic. I was proud. LOL!

I decided it would be fun to make the bride a set of thank you note cards that she could send out.  I had asked her mother what the bride's wedding colors were and she said "cream, blush, and celadon green".  What the heck??!  LOL!!! I'd never heard of celadon green but apparently it's a grayish green. Anyway, I figured the chance of getting an exact match with that green would be difficult so decided to just use some paper from an "old" paper stack I had on hand.  I used Neenah off white cardstock for my base.  I decided to make the cards mostly flat for easy mailing for her.  I initially put ribbon on but decided to minimize it and simplify it and took the ribbon off.

I used my new BFF MISTI to stamp the sentiment and am always amazed how quick and fast it is to use when you are doing multiple cards AND most importantly for me...how easy it is to align to get the perfectly straight look.

Here are the cards and I used the Paper Smooches Roses die set and the sentiment is Paper Smooches Lovely Thoughts:

 I love that die set....

 I also used the stitched rectangle set for my mat from Simon Says Stamp. The mat was popped up on some Stampin' Up foam dimensionals.

 I added a few gold pearls for a little more interest and they were done pretty quickly.

Fun and easy...and I think she will enjoy using them for some "special" thank yous!

I also made a little box to hold the cards in from a file by Lori Whitlock purchased from the Silhouette Online store and cut on my Cameo.  I've said it before...Lori Whitlock's are always so perfect and cut so well!  She must have been an engineer in a previous life!

Here is the box...using the same papers from the roses and leaves:
The bride's initials were also cut on the Cameo using a font I have installed on my computer that I love...Lavenderia.

Here is another look...a little creamy organza bow finished it off:


And that's it for today...Happy Crafting and Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. WOW both so elegant Susan and I really admire your calligraphy skills..I have tried it several times but could never achieve anything near success!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thank you cards are nice. I've not heard of that shade of green either. Like the die & box. You indicate that the MISTI is your BFF. I thought I was your BFF??? Heehee. I'm enjoying my MISTI. I like using calligraphy for personalizing. Have done calligraphy of wedding invites, ceritficates, wedding books and even on golf balls & a Demdaco statue.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!