Friday, July 4, 2014

Wimbledon Part II

Wimbledon continues and today there was a very exciting match this morning between the number 1 seed, Nowak Djokovich and the new cutie patootie on the scene, Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria.  It was a great match but Nowak won it in 4 sets.  So he is on to the finals.  On the other side of the draw Milos Raonic (great retro hair) and Roger Federer will play.  And that match is going on now.  I don't have a clear favorite but it would be nice to see the old gun, Federer win, I suppose.  That is...since my boyfriend, Rafael Nadal got beat out.

So, I had my tennis match last night and this was me on the court:
Ok, so that is not really me, of course.  Thankfully no one had the foresight to whip out a camera as I went down.  But down I did go!  I fell on my "bunky" (as my grandkids call it)...hit my back and hit the back of my head a bit.  HAHA!!!  Thankfully I wasn't hurt (we played on clay) and I was able to brush off and resume the match.  I. Am. A. Trooper!

LOL!  Glad you all didn't see it!  We all had a good laugh there, though.

Good news is we killed our opponents and won 6-0, 6-0.  For you none tennis fans that means they took NOTHING off us.  We won every game.

Game...that brings me to something.  Don't ever ask a tennis player if they won the game.  Or tell them to have a "good game".  It is a "match".  Games make up sets which make up a match.  You don't just play a game.  You play many games....and the games make up a set....and you have to win 2 sets to win the match.  So if you want to sound knowledgeable say "Have a good match!"  or "How was your match?".  If you say "How was your game?" you would sound dopey.  Like you don't know nothin' about tennis.

OK, enough about tennis again.  :)

Here is another card recently made:
(One day I will get my photography skills DOWN and a rectangular card will look like a rectangle and not a trapezoid. HAHA!...and yes, I know that I just need to change the angle of my camera.)
Anyway, this stamp set was from a Simon Says Stamp exclusive set and I just love it.  More cards with it to follow...I did the rays behind the lightbulb with Memento Luxe ink which I embossed with clear embossing powder to give a bit of a sheen.  I stamped the lightbulb and then just cut it out.  I wouldn't call it fussy cutting cuz there wasn't anything fussy about it...pretty straight cutting here.  And the sentiment was done with VersaFine ink with some clear powder on it, too...  It's hard to tell here but the chevron paper at the bottom is a glitter paper...so fun!

And that's it for today...

Hope your game, your match and your crafting is good!

And Happy Independence Day to the Americans!

2 comments:

  1. That would be me with tennis racket wrapped around my neck for saying have a good game. And you're right I do not know much about tennis. Silly me also said points the other day instead of runs when mentioning the Texas Rangers. Glad you are ok after falling. Have a wonderful 4th of July. I recognize the glitter paper. Saw it at Hobby Lobby the other day.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That being said...you've definitely "Got game!" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!