Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Cards That Never End...

Do you make a card that never ends?  You know...you have an idea for a simple card in your head and you go to work on it.  But it doesn't just translate to paper the way you see it in your head....know what I mean?  So you stamp your image on white paper, wait for it to dry and then watercolor it...and cut it into a mat shape smaller than your card base.  Then you decide that doesn't look right so you corner round it.  Nope...that isn't going to do so then you decide to cut around the image leaving a little bit of white.  Doesn't quite work so you cut it again on the image line.  Then you remember you bought some new dies from Simon Says Stamp that are way cool postage stamp dies.  You get the correct sizes and proceed to cut them out.  You adhere your image to the smaller one and it just looks so plain so you think...ok, how about some embossing?  So you spend some time looking through your dozens of embossing folders and pick the one you always use anyway...the Swiss Dots.  So you emboss....and then you realize you debossed.  Not a huge problem, right?  You can just turn it over.  Not this gal...you don't like the way the die looks backwards because the edges of the die don't look uniform with the other die cut you've made.  You know how metal dies give that curved edge...well, it has to be curving the right way!  So you go get more paper and do another mat which you have to cut out with the dies and then emboss.  Then you assemble you card.  And you realize you need some Wink of Stella glitter on your flowers.  And the bunny nose.  And ears....and the stems of the flowers.....and after you have meticulously applied all of that....well then you decide the whole dang image needs it.  Oh....and I forgot about the part where I had stamped my greeting directly on the pink piece before embossing and then didn't like the way that looked either.  And of course stamping on the white banner took a couple of tries because it wasn't straight and if there is something that bugs the OCD in me it's when something isn't straight! LOL!!!!

And then you hate the card.  LOL!!!!

Not really....I don't hate it.  But what should have been fast and easy was NOT fast...maybe easy....but not fast.  

If you are bored to tears by my narrative.  I get it.

So instead of 4 Easter cards I only made 2.  And this is the bugger that took so long!


I used Distress Markers to water color.  The stamped ink is Simon Says Stamp as are the two colored cardstocks.  The stamps I used were from Mark's Finest Papers and were a gift from a friend.

I've entered this in the A Blog Named Hero: Challenge #42: Layer Cake.

And that's it for today!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Like the narrative you wrote. Glad to see the stamp set I gifted to you stamped & colored wonderfully. I have started to get finicky about what I make sometimes. Similar thing happened to me with an Easter card was making. Had it assembled and decided it would look better with embossing. Started over and embossed one part with 2 of my fav go to Cuttlebug embossing folders: D'Vine Swirl & Swiss Dots. Then I did not like the sentiment stamped on the pattern paper so got out some Stampin' Up dies and stamped on plain paper and used the pattern paper behind it cut out with next size up die. Added some stickles for a touch of glitter look.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan I can relate so well to what you wrote-- after we have been crafting for some time it just gets more difficult. We have to use a new product , a new die , a new technique!! Your post made me smile!!!
    Such a sweet bunny.
    Wishing you a Happy Easter
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have laughed out loud at your narrative. Have you been secretly filming in MY craft room? THIS IS MY LIFE! I love the results, though, and how you stuck with it. :) Thanks for playing along at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the postage edge. Makes my heart go pitter patter. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!