Monday, December 23, 2013

The Excitement Begins

My little grandkids are so excited that Santa will be visiting soon.  One wants a "Teenage Mutant ENGINE Turtle Secret Sewer Lair" (LOL!) and another wants "Minnie Mouth Toyth".  Too cute.  I love those kids.

I spend some time playing around with my toys and made a few more cards to get out.
Here is one I did which is a very proud, albeit shameless, CASE-ing of a Darlene DeVries card.  I did change out the printed paper but it is definitely her design.  I used the Simon Says Stamp Card Kit of the Month for December which you can see here:
I love the Doodlebug papers...so happy and festive.  Sadly the kit is sold out! 

Here is my card:
 I stamped the sentiment with Versafine Ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The little mittens were stamped with Stampin' Up ink and then I used a green Wink of Stella pen to give it a bit of shimmer.  And I used Glossy Accents on the little hearts.

It was a fun card to make....sometimes you just find a design you like and it is so much fun to duplicate and to also put your own touches on it.

Happy Crafting and Happy Holidays!


3 comments:

  1. Like the Christmas mittens card w/ the sparkly paper.. Merry Christmas.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to you Sue, and your family. Thank you so much for your sweet sweet comment on my blog.. So fun having the grand babies at Christmas... Have a wonderful day with your family.
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shoot again I forgot to mention how cute the card is. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!