Saturday, April 6, 2013

Project Life: Easter

I had so many photos from Easter than I wanted to use that I decided to make a separate 2 page layout for my Project Life book.  That's what I love about Project Life....there aren't any rules....you can make them up as you go! Whatever works...works!
I tell you....I've been scrapbooking since I was a kid...I used to save tickets and memorabilia and tape them into scrapbooks.  And I love scrapbooking 12x12 layouts in the traditional way but I am absolutely in LOVE with Project Life style of scrapbooking using slotted page inserts.   Now I am not using the Core Kits from Becky Higgins but instead am using up papers and things I have on hand (with a few extras I've purchased)!  This style of scrapping can be much less expensive and much EASIER and faster to do!  Sure...I love the big decorative fancy-schmancy pages but I love how this has freed me up!  I don't stress about paper colors or themes matching my photos...or trying to find the absolutely right hued embellishments, etc.  I spend the most time each week preparing my photos for Project Life but once I sit down to create my pages it goes pretty smoothly and quickly.  I am so grateful my friend, Donna Gibson, of 365 Days of Donna encouraged this system.  She is doing the digital version and her pages look fabulous!  I may try that next year....but I have such a love paper and working with it.  It has gotten me all excited about scrapbooking again.  And my kids and grandkids LOVE looking at my book...and that's what it's all about, isn't it?
And lastly....I have done 41 pages this year so far!  And it's only April!  I don't know that I've ever even done 41 pages in a whole year! LOL!

OK, enough yapping....here are my Easter Layouts.  The papers and embellishments are from TPC Studio.
Left Side:
 The papers and embellishments are from a kit I bought a year or two ago.  I just LOVE using up scraps and things I have on hand!
The journaling card and the bunny card were cut with my Silhouette.




The Easter Card was blinged up....just a bit!
Here is the right side:

Again...the journaling card at the bottom was cut with my Cameo.

And then I did an insert page with 4x4 photos:



And finally....the other side of the insert:
One recurring them I see in the past two weeks is the love my grandkids have for the icing off the cupcake! LOL!  I have quite a few messy face pictures! :)

My big job the next few days is to reorganize AND CLEAN UP my craft room.  Time to purge!  Do I really need 3,580.762 pieces of scrap paper that are less than 2x3 inches in size???  LOL! I'm sure many of you know exactly what I'm talking about!!!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous summary of your Easter! I agree that one of the best features of PL is the use of slotted spots. I LOVE not having to plan layouts! I can still embellish and all, but I don't have to plan the layout.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!