Friday, December 28, 2012

Photos with Santa Page 2

I like to do 2 page layouts whenever I can.  I used to obsess about it....the pages HAD to flow.  But I have let that go and now can have a 1 page in bright primary colors next to a layout in muted colors.  I don't love but I get over it.  LOL!  I used to have too many rules and sometimes you just gotta break a rule.

Not in this case though.  I shared my Photo with Santa page yesterday and I did the companion page which matches perfectly of course!  I did use some different papers but they complement and I tied them in with some scraps from the original page.

And once I again I saved my husband money (HAHA!) by using my Cameo to make my embellishments.

I used Michael's Recollections papers.  The "Dear Santa, I've been very good" is a cut from Samantha Walker in the Silhouette store and the little Santa gnome is also from the Silhouette store by Nathan Jenne.  I added some Liquid Applique on the beard and pompom and heated it....such fun stuff to use.  I've had this little tube for years but it still flows and works!
 I added a few googly eyes (well, 2 to be exact!) and was happy with the way this little guy turned out.
And...despite all attempts my grandchildren would not smile for the camera....but at least they didn't scream!

Tomorrow I'm going to Archiver's to scrapbook!  I'm packed and know I'm not taking even 1/3 of what I need.  But that's ok....I'll have a great time nonetheless!

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Your Santa pages are darling. Love the beard you added to the elf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the scrapbook layouts. Adorable photos. I'm using Internet Explorer temporarily and can comment on your blog.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can see it in IE and not Mozilla Firefox then it is an issue with your Firefox. If anyone else besides Melissa is having trouble seeing my blog please let me know.
      Thanks, Susan.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I guess not crying is better than smiling. But I've never seen a toddler as young as Taylor be so nonchalant about Santa. Maybe she's not going to be a drama queen! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!