Monday, December 24, 2012

Gift Card Holders

Now that my kids are older I find I'm giving more gift cards than actual presents.  Both have their own houses and know what they need.  I don't worry myself with hunting and gathering what they need.  I think that is something they should worry about.  I loved shopping for my kids when they were little....trying to find the perfect Cabbage Patch or the white Power Ranger!  HAHA!  I loved the hunt.  But as I have gotten older this once ok at shopping person avoids it at all costs....unless it's an Archiver's, Michael's, Hobby Lobby or Joann's!  HAHA!

So now I resort to a lot of gift cards!

But a gift card is sort of boring to give unless you "cute" it up a bit by using a cute gift card holder.

I got busy last night making several different types.
The first are some little gift boxes perfectly sized for the gift card.  I am adding a bit of candy to "bulk" it up a bit.  I used a border punch to scallop the edges....

 This is a little pillow box that I had picked up at Archiver's and embellished with some embossing powder.  The stamps and die are Hero Arts.
 This last one is a Silhouette Cut file by Lori Whitlock.  I love the way these cut and turned out.  I used some Recollections paper that I picked up last year when Michael's practically gave them away! :)

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas!

And Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my sweetness!!! These are SO adorable!!! I've never made any boxes--I'm a little bit intimidated. I need to sit and try it out one day and I'm sure I'll be hooked! Well done, my friend!!! Have an amazing Christmas!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous gift card holders! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful gift card holders. Merry Christmas! Thank you for the Christmas stamps you sent me.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!