Monday, October 1, 2012

It's All About the Silhouette, Baby!

I struggled with my decision to buy a Silhouette Cameo.  I mean...I had the competitor's machine and lots and lots of cartridges....in fact, I have 2 of the competitor's machines sitting in my craft room downstairs.  I still use them on occasion and am not ready to give them up but...I am totally sold on the Cameo.  I love all the designs and things that the little green machine does but the Cameo cuts are just better.  OK, I said it.  Maybe it's user error...I see some really great projects out there with the green machine.  But I often ended up with bad cuts.  I wasted a lot of paper getting it to do right.   I think the competitor's engineers need to work on their green machine to bring it up to snuff.  With the Silhouette machines WYSIWYG....what you see is what you get.  Love that.

 I really bought the Silhouette so that I could cut titles more easily with True Type Fonts that I have "collected".  I just didn't realize I'd used it for so much more.  My friend, Kim, the Basement Stamper, was also struggling with the decision to get a Silhouette because she does mostly cards and thought the Silhouette would be mostly for scrapbooking type projects.  I'm betting she finds that there are tons of card related things she can do with her Cameo!  Plus she is doing Project Life and there are a bazillion little card cuts in the Silhouette store.  She's going to love it.

So here's an all Silhouette card done with some Die Cuts with a View Autumn Leaves papers. The sentiment is Paper Smooches.  The background....cut on Kraft paper....is a Hero Arts design/cut from the Silhouette Store.  The little bird and branch are from Echo Park...also in the Silhouette store.  And the label is one cut and resized that I also got in the Silhouette store.  Like I said...it's all Silhouette.



Here is the information on the specific cuts:
Hero Arts Fun Stripe Background: Design id #32661
Echo Park Bird on Branch: Design id #27060
Label by Echo Park: Design id #24933  I only used one layer of the label.

I hope you all have a great crafting day....it's rainy here today...perfect weather for crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Like the BlueBird card. Especially like the cut background and the dimension you gave to the leaves on the branch.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background with the kraft paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....that looks like a fun machine to own. Really nice cut.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! Do you have the links to the specific store downloads? I tried finding them, but maybe I typed in the wrong names. Alas, I couldn't find the exact ones you used. Can you email them to me? cameramegan@gmail.com

    Thanks so much for sharing this cute card!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!