Sunday, August 5, 2012

Cheap and Easy!

The card I made for today was really free (I know, hubs, nothing is free!) cheap.  OK, not really when you factor in the cost of the Silhouette Cameo and the Copics but really this card was done with just some white cardstock and one little ol' gem. 


I was inspired by a card I saw at Dixie Cochran's blog What's Next.  You can see her card HERE.  I think I had seen her card on Pinterest and then traced it back to her blog to see what products she used to make it because I particularly liked her background. I was excited to read she'd made it with her Silhouette instead of with a metal die which made me say to myself "Self, you have a Silhouette Cameo...get working!".  It took me two tries...the first one just didn't "do it for me" so I went back to the drawing board and made a template which I can then use over and over again!  I like that!


The little flower image is a Hero Arts design from the Silhouette Store and I love it.  I just cut it in white and then colored it with Copics and added a little blue Hero Arts gem to it.


The background was mounted on some foam tape to give it a bit more dimension, as we like to say.


So without further ado...here's my version:

Isn't that flower bunch the greatest?  Love the skinny little cut!
The sentiment is from a stamp set by Paper Smooches.

 The little gem is from Hero Arts.


I love the white on white.   

I've entered this in the following challenges (the Challenge Guru Sunshine Honeybee is my motivator):
Cute Card Thursday: Challenge 228 Clean and Simple
DLART: Happy Birthday - Linky Party - Anything Goes 
A Blog Named Hero Challenge #9 Freestyle

I have also entered this in the CASE Study 2nd Anniversary challenge which is to show off your "style" which you can see HERE.  What is my style...probably eclectic but my go to style is shown here...clean lines and bold splashes of color!


Happy Crafting!  Olympics are on...I'm watching the women's doubles right now.  Team USA's Williams sisters against the Czech Republic.  On serve in the second...USA leads 1 set to none!

UPDATE:  TEAM USA wins the Women's Doubles!  Way to go, Venus and Serena!

11 comments:

  1. This came out beautiful. Great CAS desing. I love your skinny flower.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART happy birthday Linky party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I love the flower and the cut from the cameo is amazingly sharp really beautiful CAS card.
    Thanks for joining my DL.ART Birthday linky party.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now this is awesome, I love how this turned out with those bright flowers against the polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the skinny to the pieces of this and especially like the hole punched look. Glad to know I'm your challenge guru.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Silhouette die cut, how fun! Great CAS design. Thanks so much for linking up to the CASE Study challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I've always liked white on white, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous - saw it on the DL.ART linky party. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS> i think I'm going to have to hit up the SIlhouette store to get that image! Its fab!

    Lovely card. the white on white is perfect!

    Thank you so much for playing along with our challenge!

    Good luck

    Linda
    A Blog Named Hero

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic CAS card, thanks so much for playing along with us at CCT.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the combination of die cut mat and delicate flower. Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, sweet card! Thanks for joining us on our first week of our 2nd Year Anniversary Blog Hop! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!