Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bring On the Happy!

Masculine cards can be sort of tough for this gal who likes flowers, butterflies and bling!  But I made this card this morning for someone special who is celebrating the big 6-0 in  a few weeks.  I saw a card on the Silhouette blog recently and decided to use it for inspiration (read: steal it).  Here's my version:
I love the way it turned out. 

I cut the white circle background with my Cameo from a shape purchased in the Silhouette store.  It cut so beautifully!  I took a one inch punch to cut some circles from the Authentique Genuine paper pad.  Those were easily adhered in a random fashion under the circle background and the whole thing was adhered to a 6x12 inch piece of Kraft cardstock.  I cut the banner with my Cameo, too, and heat embossed the sentiment which is from a Hero Arts stamp set I have.


I added a few Papertrey Ink buttons for a bit more interest and that was it....I just love this background and will use it again!

I entered this in the following challenges:
MilkCoffee Challenges: Round and Round We Go-Circles Challenge
Simon Says Stamp and Show: Challenge: No Rules
Tuesday Alchemy: Challenge #23: Button, Button, Whose Got a Button

And a big shout out to Melissa/Sunshine Honeybee for the heads up on the challenges. 


Happy Crafting!


12 comments:

  1. Like the interesting circle look to this masculine card. There are some challenges if you interested that you can enter: 1. Milk Coffee Cards Round and Round We Go Circles 2. Simon Says Stamp and Show Ch No Rules! 3. Tuesday Alchemy Ch23 Button Button Whose Got A Button?
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great circle card.Love all the different patterns and background.Thank you for joining us at Milkcoffee circle challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic creation! It also makes a great layout idea & can be changed to suit anyone - man or woman or child. Love your creativity :) It's wonderful to have you join us at Tuesday Alchemy this week!

    I invite you to join us at {PIN}spirational Challenges http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com, too!

    Happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the background and put in a few circles-very pretty! (and masculine)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is SO cool! I love how you've only accented a few of the circles with papers and such, and that a lot of the kraft background shows through. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea to use the circles in the background! Very nice with a different pattern paper in the circles and buttons.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Alchemy
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creation!

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card! I love how Cameo cuts, can't wait to get mine :)

    Thank you for dropping by at my blog
    Neelu

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mother must be so proud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it---I agree masculine cards can be difficult! Came here from Smitha's Smiling Colors Pin It Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo TensGal :) I love the way you put the sentiment with a cute little twine...nice embossing in white too...great idea of your card...kannst du deutsch sprechen..wie viel :) ich bin jetzt deine Follower auch :) aber bitte nich böse ja..ich habe noch Schule und zur Zeit mache ich Praktikum, das braucht Zeit, manchmal mein Blog ist ganz leer :) hier ist meine Email addy : monik1973@yahoo.com du kannst mir eine Email schreiben wenn du magst :) Liebe Grüße, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love me some circles!!! This is beautiful Susan!! Thanks for joining the "Pin it Party" :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. I appreciate the time it took you to leave me a note and I will enjoy reading it. Happy Crafting!